A New Jersey mother of two died from foaming-breath syndrome after being exposed to foam packaging from a New Jersey retailer, authorities said.
Sandra LaPorte, 47, was found dead at her home on Tuesday afternoon, a day after her boyfriend told police that she had ingested foaming foam from the company.
She was not wearing a face mask, according to authorities, and was found in a bathtub, with foaming on her face.
The incident comes as a backlash over foamed-breathing apparel continues to grow nationwide.
The Food and Drug Administration recently banned the use of foam in packaged foods.
The company, which sells Foamworks, said in a statement that it had taken steps to ensure that all of its packaging was free of foamy products and the products contained no foaming agent.